Volunteer with PVI
Volunteers are the heart of our organization. They support our mission in so many ways, whether from the headquarters in Menlo Park, remotely, or throughout the mid-Peninsula. Volunteer hours are typically held Monday through Friday. Most in-person volunteering ends by 3 p.m.
We invite you to join us for Meals on Wheels, Rosener House, RIDE PVI or Little House. See what calls to you and please get in touch!
How can you help individually?
Deliver meals for those who are unable to cook or shop for themselves.
10 a.m.-1 p.m.
Pack meals to be delivered by our Meals on Wheels program.
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m.- 10 a.m.
Care Companions engage with our participants by facilitating a positive conversation and assisting with daily activities.
Monday – Friday
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Front Desk Volunteer
Assist with answering phones and admin tasks.
Monday – Friday
10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Help coordinate rideshare trips for seniors.
Tuesday and Thursday
9 a.m.-12 p.m.
At your Leisure Opportunities:
- Create Crafts
- Make Cards
- Birthday gifts
- Zoom Activity Coordinator
- Be a tech tutor
- Database Updates
Please fill out our quick and easy online application
Interested in Volunteering
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
Group Volunteer Opportunities
Corporations, affinity groups, faith based organizations and membership groups are welcome to join us in a group volunteer event.
PVI appreciates the gracious donation of time and energy to help seniors live independently, age successfully and engage in exploring a range of new activities, social interactions and programs to enhance their lives while improving the community.
- Packing food for delivery to Meals on Wheels recipients (M-F 8- 10 a.m. and some afternoons from 3- 5 p.m. weekdays)
- Preparing emergency and commodity kits for homebound seniors to be delivered with Meals on Wheels. (flexible hours and group size)
- Preparing Room and Serving Meals : Decorate café, greet and seat patrons, serve meals and donate towards cost of providing a hot, nutritious lunch to seniors who visit Little House. Help clean up after luncheon. (Monthly options, often Thursdays from 10:30- 1 p.m.
- Teach a technology based program to interested seniors or offer workshop (flexible schedule and weekday hours)
- Help grow a garden: Both Rosener House and Little House have beautiful planter boxes, but with the change in weather, the vegetable and herb gardens need revitalization. Bring bulbs and seed starts and help till the soil, water and weed.
- Create works of art for the seasonal holidays. Students and their parents can make something beautiful to share with people who visit Little House and/or Rosener House and Meals on Wheels.
- Host a fundraising drive: Volunteers can help by coordinating a car wash, garage sale, neighborhood barbecue and donate the funds to Rosener House, Little House or Meals on Wheels at PVI. (Weekends. weekdays or evenings).
- Outreach to the community: Help spread the word about PVI and its programs. Host a “party with a purpose” to collect funds. (Flexible)
- Sponsor some entertainment: Bring your chorale, musical harmonia, symphonic serenades, comedy shows, piano soloists or other entertainment for the seniors at our locations. Call well in advance as these slots fill up. (Flexible dates and times weekdays only).
- Groups are encouraged to sponsor a lunch with a donation of $400 minimum to create a free, festive lunch for seniors who enjoy dining in the café. (Once a month, often on Thursdays from 11:30-1 p.m.)
- Bring baked goods and homemade cards/placemats for occasions: During the year we celebrate a variety of events, help us make these days special by scheduling to make bake goods and deliver them in advance, make cards, decorations and/or placemats to brighten the days of seniors at our locations.
All of these opportunities and more are available for groups of any sort. Group volunteering must be scheduled 2 weeks ahead (minimum) – 6 months in advance. If your group would like to routinely volunteer to do a group project, that is welcome too.
People under 16 are welcome to participate on-site, but must be accompanied by an adult for the duration of the volunteer activity. We look forward to hearing from you and working with your group to create a meaningful and engaging volunteer experience.